And so it starts. Everybody’s favorite tap house in Vancouver has reached its 300th tap rotation, and it’s time to celebrate. Yes, it’s The Alibi Room‘s 300th beer list, and the party has now begun! Unlike last year’s 200th beer list party, this year’s celebration is for 3 days (December 12th, 13th, and 14) and you get 3oz glasses of beer for $3. The fun starts at 3pm on each of those days, and it all comes to an end tomorrow night. We’ll keep this post really short.
Last night was focused on sours, Belgian and European styles, as well as experimental beers. Just as expected, the place was absolutely packed by 5pm as the beer nerds were seated upstairs, and all the brewers and industry folks got the VIP section downstairs. Once you take a look at the list, you’re going to want to try everything, but you gotta be strategic at events epic events like The Alibi Room’s 300th beer list party. Here’s a list of some of the beers you should have tried, or you should try, based on its rarity. If you don’t see a particular beer on the list, well, it’s probably because they’ve already served it at past events, or it’s currently available on tap at a pub, tap house, or brewpub in Vancouver or the Lower Mainland.
- Central City Brewing – Chipotle IPA
- Red Truck Limited Release – Sticke 300 – Strong Altbier Style
- Driftwood Brewing – Bird Of Prey – Oak Aged Flanders Red
- Iain Hill of Yaletown Brewing – 100% Barrel Aged Oud Bruin
- Iain Hill of Yaletown Brewing Blended Oud Bruin
- Daniel Knibbs via Storm Brewing – Sour Saison
- Storm Brewing – James INSANE 14 Year aged SOOOUUUUR Lambic
- Conrad Gmoser of Steamworks – Blitzen Tripel
- Iain Hill of Yaletown – Le Nez Rouge Tripel
- Tofino Brewing (Canadian Rye & Vanilla Bean infused) Porter 300
- Vern Lambourne of Granville Island Tap Room (Cocoa & Curacao) Imperial Stout 300
- Boundary Bay – Imperial Oatmeal Stout
- Deshcutes – The Abyss
- Driftwood Brewing – Old Cellar Dweller
- Brew Dog – Hardcore Imperial IPA
- Gary Lohin – Thors Hammer Barley Wine (It’s going to be available at Central City soon but it’s so daam good!)
- Boundary Bay – Cabin Fever Winter Ale
- Central City – Alibi Cellar Aged 2010 Winter Ale
- Lost Coast Brewing – Double Trouble IPA
- Tenaya Creek – Hop Ride IPA
Cheers to Nigel and The Alibi Room for reaching the 300th beer list!